Saturday, January 23, 2016

Dear Anonymous

In response to All Thought in the Machine, @Criticalthough4

Dear Anonymous,
You have turned my ambitions upside down, and I am forever grateful for your critically sardonic and sharply witty blog.  It appears that, like myself, you are new to this social media game. Consult Like a Pirate was amazing. 

I would be honored to co-write Teach Like a Stripper.  It is an autobiographical piece about my career as an arts educator.   

I feel like a young person who just decided it is important to care about politics, and I am playing philosophical chairs on Twitter in an attempt to redefine my purpose as an educator.  The good news is that education "reformers" are much smarter than (most) politicians.  If consultants like Will Richardson are the liberals in this game, then you represent the important (and often silent) voice of a moderate.  If you are a republican, I urge you to infiltrate the party and run for president.  You are well researched and know your shit. You could, very well, save the country from imminent destruction.

I have appreciated all of the author and publication references.  After reading your 2016 Ed Tech predictions, I dug up the Tony Wagner archive from 2012 titled The Principal of Change.  I  couldn't agree more with his contemplative assertions.   But, I don't see his message as a contrast to the preachings of the Ed Tech community.  I am interested in hearing more about your proposed solutions. You offer valid criticism, but I want to hear your constructive ideas.  If you feel like people like me are missing something really important, then what is it?

Here is the deal.  I generally view anonymity as a sign of weakness.  Even Edward Snowden revealed himself.  You offer a much needed voice of reason for those of us who have swallowed the proverbial Kool-Aid of anything branded "innovative."  I want to be your friend.  I want to know who you are.  I want to observe your classroom if you are a teacher.  Why are you hiding?

Sincerely,
Allison Frenzel

No comments:

Post a Comment